CATALYST SUMMIT & MENTORING 2023
This year’s programme is now underway. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to join our mailing list and on Instagram for more regular updates.
Are you feeling worried about your future and that of our Planet?
Do you want to make a difference but are unsure how to do it?
Are you looking to find your purpose and grow your confidence?
Join our Sustainability Empowerment & Green Careers programme
Who is it for?
Young women and non-binary people – aged 18-26 years old – who want a career in the climate and social justice space.
Why should you attend?
- You feel worried about your future and the state of our planet.
- You want to help save the world but don’t know how to do it.
- You don’t feel like you have the confidence or skills.
- You want to be part of a like-minded peer community.
What’s it all about?
The 3-day online Catalyst Summit kicks off our six-month programme. The summit provides a friendly and interactive space for you to ask and solve the critical questions:
- what if all citizens were empowered and involved in decision-making processes for a greener, fairer world?
- what if social justice and intersectionality were as important for sustainability as the environment & climate action?
- what if our energy systems were low carbon and set up to deliver net zero by 2030?
- what if I had the confidence and skills to help make that change?
You will hear from a range of sustainability professionals and participate in group exercises to learn more about key sustainability issues, along with the ‘softer’ skills for employability, including; team working, problem-solving, and clearer communication. You will improve your self-confidence and learn how to manage anxiety and stress effectively.
WHAT IS THE MENTORING PART ABOUT?
The Catalyst Summit is followed by a three-six month mentoring programme.
You will be matched with a professional woman working in sustainability, and they will help you:
- Define your vision and pathway into a green career.
- Learn about the education and career opportunities available to you.
- Build an understanding of your personal strengths and interests.
- Gain inspiration as you learn about career paths in sustainability and low-carbon economy.
- Learn tools for improving your confidence and personal resilience.
How Do I book?
The next Catalyst Summit is in July 2023.
Reserve your place and book your ticket now. HERE
Sponsored Bursaries are also available on application. APPLY HERE
Sign Up Now for July 2023
The Summit Schedule
9.30 am – 3.30 pm (3x 1.5-hour sessions each day)
DAY 1: How can I make a difference? Discover the skills and confidence you need to be an effective changemaker and learn tools for growing your resilience and finding your purpose.
DAY 2: What is the future we choose? Let’s reimagine our world. How can we create a zero-carbon, clean, green, and fair world by 2030? This is an interactive day working with sustainability experts to solve the problems you care about most.
DAY 3: Be the change you wish to see in the world. On the final day, you will meet your mentor and gain the support and tools you need to start your change-maker journey. There will also be virtual study tours of sustainable businesses and NGOs.
All sessions are recorded and uploaded to our Catalyst Community which you will have access to for six months.
Why should I attend?
- Grow your confidence & find your purpose – be inspired and empowered.
- Excellent networking opportunity – meet sustainable businesses and new professional contacts.
- Get a sustainability mentor – to help guide your change-maker journey for up to six months.
- Join our Catalyst Community – make new like-minded friends.
- Monthly meetups & green masterclasses – so you can stay connected and supported throughout.
Read more testimonials on our blog:
Catalyst Summit 2021
Over three days we were joined by leading sustainability thinkers, experts, and practitioners.
They included: Sofia Deambrosi, skipper of Bristol Gulls; Rhian Sherrington, founder, Women in Sustainability; Daze Agahji, climate activist (pictured); Emma Askew, Earthminutes; Lola Okunrinboye, Chartered Environmental Professional & WINS Aberdeen lead; Livvy Drake, sustainable business consultant; Kwesia, City Girl in Nature; Ellie Austin, Twelve; Antoinette Vermilye, She Changes Climate, Ella Daish, environmental activist; Heather Comina, Climate Concepts;
Would you like to be a Mentor?
We welcome women working in sustainability to join us as mentors on our programme.
It is a voluntary position – training is provided – which requires up to two hours of your time a month for 3-6 months.
The length of the mentoring is decided between you and your mentor.
We will cover all of this in the training and handbook.
To find out more about the Mentor Programme, read our blog HERE
To APPLY to be a mentor, complete this short Google form HERE.
We thank our brilliant sponsors and partners who make it all possible:
Other Supporters: Bidfoods, Green Unlimited, Schumacher Institute, Women in Sustainability.
Catalyse Change CIC is a social enterprise working to inspire and empower young women for happy, healthy & green careers, communities, and the planet. The directors, Board, and mentors are all women working in sustainability, with a combined wide skill set and expertise, supported by an extensive network of other sustainability professionals who provide expertise and mentoring.
*We use an inclusive definition of “woman” and “female” and welcome trans-women, genderqueer women, and non-binary people who are significantly female-identified.