YOUR GREEN CAREER: ONLINE COURSE
Join us for this empowering course to explore careers in the climate and social space and how to find one BEST suited to you.
Who is it for?
Young women and non-binary changemakers aged 18-30 years old looking to make an impact in the climate and social space.
Why should I attend?
You want to make a difference and work in sustainability, but you don’t know which green career pathway is the best for you.
Join us if you want to…
- Develop your confidence, networks, and green skills
- Understand what employers are looking for and how to stand out
- Grow your professional sustainability network for signposting and referrals.
What’s it all about?
The course runs for four weeks. During that time, you will have the opportunity to attend various meetups and masterclasses to learn about the different types of green careers and find one best suited to you. You will:
- Gain access to a supportive and like-minded peer community.
- Learn from professional female role models
- Gain inspiration and tips from sustainability experts and practitioners.
- Develop your confidence and a positive mindset.
- Learn practical skills to help you build your CV and LinkedIn profile.
When is it?
For details of our next course, add your email to our newsletter mailing list or email email@example.com with you query.
Your Green Career: the handbook for young women and non-binary changemakers
New book available to buy now HERE.
What is it about?
Your Green Career is an inspiring and empowering changemaker handbook – written by our co-founder Traci Lewis – to help you make a difference and land your dream job in sustainability.
Who is this book for?
- Do you feel anxious, scared, or overwhelmed by the climate crisis?
- Do you want to make a difference but aren’t sure how?
- Do you want help figuring out how you can do something about it?
If you want to be a changemaker, it’s quite a time to be alive. We are in an era of critical transformation and need everyone to support a successful green transition. This book is here to help you understand how you can be part of it. To grow your confidence, develop your skills, and know you can make a difference.
How can I have a green career?
The good news is that anyone can work in sustainability. You don’t need to be a scientist or have loads of technical skills or experience.
You need to believe that you can do something about society’s biggest challenges. Catalyse Change has developed an empowering sustainability programme to help you grow the skills and mindset you need for this. Your Green Career will help you explore how you can be part of the solution.
This book is based on learning from Catalyse Change’s sustainability empowerment and green careers programme. Catalyse Change CIC is a social enterprise that inspires and upskills young women and non-binary changemakers. All profits from sales of this book go to the further development and delivery of this programme.www.catalysechange.com Instagram
Key Features of this book
- Inspirational handbook to help you be an effective changemaker
- Guided journal exercises to support your inner and outer journey
- Learning and tips from leading sustainability experts and practitioners.
What will you learn?
- Find out about career opportunities and pathways
- Develop your confidence, resilience & mindset
- Gain practical skills to help you find your dream green career.
How will it support you?
- Inspire and help you to move quickly and decisively.
- Provide reassurance when you’re struggling.
- Equip you with tools and ideas for your next steps.
Who is it for?
- Young women and non-binary changemakers who want a purpose-led career
- You want to learn from others already working in the climate & social space
- You want inspiration, advice, and tools to help guide your green career.
Traci Lewis has created this inspiring and informative changemaker handbook to help you know that you can make a difference. Come on an inner and outer journey that includes sustainability knowledge, skills, confidence, and community. You will find stories, tips, and exercises to help you on the next leg of your incredible journey.
“I am convinced that climate change represents a historic opportunity on an even greater scale.” Naomi Klein, activist, author
You can buy your own copy of Your Green Career on Amazon now.
Follow us on INSTAGRAM for our latest updates.
FREE green education e-book
Are you thinking about studying sustainability or the environment? We have put together a guide to over 150 undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, and shorter online learning courses to help you get started.
Have you seen our Catalyst Summit and Mentoring Programme?
Mentoring is a proven and effective method of impacting young women to develop their confidence and to assume leadership and management positions later in life. We run an annual mentoring programme from September – March for all the young women who attend our summer Catalyst Summit, with the aim of helping to raise their aspirations, confidence, and educational achievements.
They are matched with a professional woman working in sustainability over a 3-6 month period to help them achieve a goal. The mentees evaluated confirmed that they identified and achieved a goal and would recommend the programme to others.
School & Community Workshops
We also offer a range of workshops – half or full day – to inspire young people of school age or community groups to think about a career in sustainability. These workshops are framed by the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
We design and deliver the workshops to be suitable for mixed age ranges and gender groups. They can be tailored to the groups objectives and needs but generally tend to focus on (1) strengthening female leadership; and (2) finding their passion towards a sustainable future. We can facilitate these online or offline, giving participants the opportunity to connect with a like-minded group of individuals who want to change the world.
“Traci came into our sixth form and delivered an engaging workshop to a group of Year 12 students. Her passion and knowledge of sustainability was clear to see and enthused our learners. The girls were challenged to consider their personal ‘why’ with regards to their own green career and it was fantastic to see them approach their post-18 options considering their own values. Our students really enjoyed the session and had a clearer idea of the soft skills they needed to develop for a successful career. We would happily welcome Traci back!” Emma Lippiett, V6 Sixth Form, Bristol
If you are interested in a school or community workshop run by Catalyse Change please contact Traci Lewis, firstname.lastname@example.org.
*We use an inclusive definition of “woman” and “female” and welcome trans women, genderqueer women & non-binary people.